Please note that the Astrocampus runs workshops during the day and evenings October through to March. We are currently fully booked for day and evening visits to the Astrocampus for this academic year. If you wish to make a provisional booking for next year please use the booking form on the right.
Why not bring your group of 10-30 people to visit the Astrocampus. We accept visits from many different types of group: from Church groups and WIs, to Brownies and Cubs.
We offer a range of activities and will tailor your visit to the interests of your group.
We are very experienced in helping Scouting and Guiding groups achieve the relevant badges, and have visits designed especially for this. A visit for this type of group typically includes:
- A guide to the night sky, including how to identify the North Star
- Constellation information, including stories and how to spot them
- A tour of the observatories and radio telescopes
- Observing through our binoculars and telescopes (weather permitting)
- Interactive activities related to current space missions (such as using the infra-red camera to see how space telescopes work, or using iPads to investigate 3D Mars rovers)
- Hands-on activities such as making take-home paper rockets, handling meteorites and making paper meteors, or designing and testing ‘egg-landers’.
We are aware that it is hard to achieve all badge requirements in one session, so if there is a specific badge requirement that you need to complete on the evening, please let us know and we will tailor the evening to make this possible.
We can usually arrange your visit to coincide with the times of your regular meetings. We would therefore ask you to indicate this on the booking form on the right.